Thinking of Trying a Low Calorie Diet Plan – Be Careful, It Won’t Work!
Even though most people tell you that a low calorie diet plan is the way to go, the truth of the matter is that low calorie doesn’t always work successfully.
See… weight loss isn’t as simple as calories in versus calories out all the time.
Sure, in the short term, you lose weight with that theory. You might even lose a bit of weight.
Eventually though, as any seasoned dieter will know, you’ll plateau. Your body will get used to the amount of calories that you’re putting into it, and your metabolism will adjust accordingly.
And if you’re eating really low calorie – it’ll even go into starvation mode, holding on to fat storages for you. When it does that, not only will you not lose more weight… but you might even gain weight.
This might come as a shock since most people promote the low calorie diets… but think… most people promote low calorie, but one out of every two Americans is overweight. Obviously something’s wrong with common knowledge (either that, or people aren’t staying on their diets).
Here are Some Everyday Low Calorie Foods which are low in calories and ideal for your Weight Loss Diet.
Low Calorie Foods
* Portion sizes will vary depending on the type and make of product purchased. Portion size is very often a subjective view
|Low calorie food||Portion size *||100 grams (3.5 oz)||energy content|
|Beans mung dried boiled||100 cals||100 cals||Low|
|Beans runner boiled||15 cals||25 cals||Very low|
|Broccoli||20 cals||30 cals||Very low|
|Brussels sprouts||20 cals||32 cals||Low|
|Canderel sweetener||10 cals / tablet||–||Low|
|Cottage cheese low fat||80 cals||80 cals||Low|
|Fish any white fresh poached||150-200 / fillet||110 cals||Low|
|Fromage Frais low fat||65 cals||55 cals||Low-Med|
|Hunts bitter lemon drink||2 (125ml)||1 cal||Low-Med|
|Hunts bitter Ginger ale drink||2 (125ml)||1 cal||Low|
|Hunts bitter orange drink||2 (125ml)||1 cal||Low|
|Lentils||70 cals||50 cals||Low|
|Macaroni (boiled)||238 cals (250g)||95 cals||Low|
|Mayonnaise weight watchers||45 cals (1 Tbsp )||300 cals||Lowe|
|Muesli sugar-free||180 cals (50g)||360 cals||Low|
|Noodles (boiled)||175 cals (250g)||70 cals||Low|
|Pasta ( normal boiled )||330 cals (300g)||110 cals||Low|
|Pasta (wholemeal boiled )||315 cals (300g)||105 cals||Low|
|Peas chick boiled||115 cals||115 cals||Low|
|Porridge oats (with water)||193 cals (350g)||55 cals||Low|
|Potatoes (boiled)||210 cals (300g)||70 cals||Low|
|Rice (white long grain)||420 cals (300g)||140 cals||Low|
|Rice ( Brown )||405 cals (300g)||135 cals||Low|
|Spaghetti (boiled)||303 cals (300g)||101 cals||Low|
|Tofu||90 cals||73 cals||Low|
|Yogurt virtually fat-free||50 cals (1 small pot)||40 cals||Low|
Calorie cycling is the answer to both of those answers. It goes against common knowledge because it allows you to have “cheat” days. This not only makes people like the diet (which means they stay on it), but it “tricks” the metabolism so that it can never adjust to a certain amount of calories. When this happens, weight loss continues to occur for long periods of time unlike with the low calorie diet plan.
Rachel has lost 100 pounds herself, and is passionate about helping other people do it too. She has been featured in Woman’s World, among others.
You can check out more about calorie cycling and Rachel’s <a href=”https://weightlossdigest.org/5-factors-found-in-the-best-weight-loss-diet”>Weight Loss Diet</a> on her website.
More Related Articles
- Tasty, yes tasty, Brussels Sprouts! > Tasty, yes tasty, Brussels Sprouts!. > Doctor Oz Website | Dr Oz Website | Doctor Oz Show
- Brussels sprouts with mayonnaise and bacon
- Quickie: Sauteed Pierogies & Brussels Sprouts « No Love More Sincere
- Brussels Sprout and Brown Rice Salad « The Kitchen Illiterate
- Health Article Vault – A Safe Diet Plan Is About Portion Control And Food Variety
- What Nutrition Labels Will Tell You « Health Articles Library
- Serious Trainer Blog » Blog Archive » Are you in control?
- Cook Once a Month, And Store Your Food
- 3 Blunders To Avoid on Your Weight Loss Journey | Your Articles
- Gourmet is a cultural ideal with the culinary arts fine food and drink » What is a Serving Size?
- Healthy Eating » Blog Archive » How do I continue to eat healthy(still have a bit of an eating disorder) while on vacation in Disney World?
- Recette de la flamiche au maroilles et au fromage frais « Piccalilli Circus présente …
- Yummy ??? | La liste des jolies choses
- Freshly squeezed lemon drink
- 3 Ways To Drink More Water | Your Articles
- Margarita Recipe Cocktail | Meyer Lemon Margarita Drink Recipe | White on Rice Couple
- My Great Flip Flop Adventure
- Test Drive « The Fit Bride
- New Brew Tuesday: Warsteiner Lemon | Monkey Brewster
- High Protein Menu » Follow a Low-Calorie Diet
hey Told You It Was Impossible!
Gain Muscle And Lose Fat At The Same Time…
They Were Wrong!
New Breakthrough Allows You To Burn Fat and Build Muscle At The Same Time.Inside the New Holy Grail Transformation Program
Enter Your Email Address Below and it will be sent to you, immediately.
Weight Loss Factoids
What is a Low Calorie Beer? The Big List of Beer Calories.
- About.com – Exercise
- Alcohol Calorie Calculator
- American Heart Association – Exercise and Fitness
- Beer Advocate
- Food and Nutrition Information Center
- Healthier at Us.Gov
- Medline Plus – Exercise and Physical Fitness
- MyPyramid Food Plans
- Nutrient Data Laboratory
- The Mayo Clinic
- WebMD Diet
- Wikipedia – Exercise