Spicy salmon with avocado and yams balances your omega-3 intake with healthful fats.
Nothing beats a little heat to ring in the sizzling summer season.
Spicy Salmon with Avocado and Yams
Recipe type: Dinner
Serves: Serves 1-2
Spicy salmon with avocado and yams balances your omega-3 intake with healthful fats. Nothing beats a little heat to ring in the sizzling summer season.
- ⅓ Salmon fillet, skinned
- Basil, Thyme, Rosemary, Oregano, Sage, chopped
- Black Pepper, Red Pepper Flakes
- 3-4 Garlic cloves, peeled and chopped
- ½ Medium onion, diced
- 1 Jalapeno pepper, chopped
- Coconut or Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 Avocado
- 1 Medium yam or sweet potato
- Green chile sauce or salsa Optional
- Dice yam into .5 x .5 inch sections.
- Heat 1 tbsp coconut or olive oil in a Teflon pan on Low.
- Stir in diced yams, and brown edges, ensuring they do not burn.
Yams tend to cook slower than the salmon, so if you timed this recipe correctly, both the salmon and yams should finish cooking at the same time.
- In a second Teflan pan, combine garlic, jalapenos and onions with 1 tbsp of coconut or olive oil.
- Add salmon fillet and sprinkle chopped basil, thyme, oregano, rosemary, sage, and black and red pepper over the salmon fillet, to taste.
- Break up salmon with a spatula and distribute spices and ingredients evenly.
- Cook salmon until flaky.
- Garnish with diced avocado and a generous serving of Paleo-approved green chili sauce or salsa.
- Side Note: Freshly brewed green tea complements this meal very well!
Famous Words of Inspiration...The book changed my life and can change yours too!
I sent a copy of this book to my son for his 31st birthday. He was amazed by the change he saw in just a week. He has had acid reflux since he was a baby and within 1 week it was gone! No more medication! He also lost weight and feels fantastic. He will never go back to eating the Standard American Diet (SAD) either.
- 'DJA' verified purchaser