Paleo Jerk Chicken
Author: Alison Rost
Recipe type: Dinner
Serves: Serves 3-4
Paleo jerk chicken adds a punch of fragrant and fiery spices for added kick to your menu.
- 1-1/2 lbs boneless, skinless chicken thighs
- 1 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- ¼ tsp ground turmeric
- ¼ tsp cayenne pepper
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp dried thyme (** or ½ teaspoon ajwain seeds)
- ¼ tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp bright red paprika
- ½ tsp salt
- 3 Tbsp olive oil, divided
- Preheat the oven to 350 F.
- In a small bowl, mix together the spices. Set aside.
- Cut each chicken thigh into 1-inch segments and place into a separate bowl.
- Add the spice mix along with 1 Tbsp of the oil to the chicken. Mix well and set aside for 10 minutes.
- Heat the remaining oil in a wok or large, nonstick frying pan over very high heat. When the oil is very hot, add the chicken.
- Stir-fry quickly until the pieces are lightly browned or have turned opaque on the outside.
- Place chicken pieces into a baking dish, and cover loosely with lightly oiled wax paper
(which should sit inside the dish and directly on top of the chicken pieces) and bake for 8 – 10 minutes or until the chicken is cooked.
- Enjoy while hot or remove from hot baking dish to maintain moisture for eating later.
Famous Words of Inspiration...The book is not just holidays though. There’s a full child-friendly birthday party spread including a variety of birthday cakes and frostings, finger foods to serve at a baby or bridal shower, and re-creations of backyard barbecue standards like BBQ Ribs and potato salad.