Chicken is one of the most versatile foods on The Paleo Diet menu.
This summer island chicken is simple and easy to prepare and can be either baked or grilled.
Be sure to use free range, organic chicken to ensure a healthy meal.
Pair with a Paleo salad and fresh summer fruit for a delicious evening meal.
- 1 whole chicken precut, or use cuts of your choice up to 2 pounds of meat
- ½ fresh pineapple, skinned, cored and cut into 1 inch pieces
- ½ fresh mango skinned, and cut into 1 inch pieces
- Juice from one whole lemon
- 2T extra virgin olive oil
- ½ tsp cayenne
- Wash chicken pieces. Skin can be removed or left on.
- Place in shallow baking dish and set aside.
- Combine remaining ingredients in blender and puree.
- Coat chicken pieces with marinade, covering thoroughly
- Cover with foil and bake in 375 degree oven for 45 minutes to 1 hour depending on density of chicken.
- Optional: Meat can also be grilled on the barbecue.
- Use medium heat, turning and basting throughout cooking process.