We love to create new ways to prepare chicken, one of the more versatile meats enjoyed by Paleo Dieters.
Chicken breasts with portobello mushrooms in white wine has recently become a favorite for its ease of preparation and the incredible flavor that comes from the infusion of just a few simple ingredients.
- 4 free range organic chicken breast fillets, rinsed thoroughly
- 2 cups organic, portobello mushrooms, rinsed and sliced
- 1 cup organic marsala wine (don’t use cooking wine as it contains added salt)
- 4 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tbsp red wine vinegar
- 2 sprigs fresh rosemary, removed from stems
- 1 small sweet onion, thinly sliced
- 1 clove garlic
- Freshly cracked pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 375°
- Place chicken breasts in baking dish and cover with mushrooms.
- In a mixing bowl, combine wine, 3 tbsp extra virgin oil, red wine vinegar, and rosemary.
- Saute onion and garlic with 1 tbsp extra olive oil in shallow pan until onions are tender.
- Spread onions and garlic over chicken and mushrooms.
- Pour liquid mixture over chicken making sure all pieces are well coated.
- Bake for 45 minutes or until chicken is cooked.