We came across a delicious summer recipe on the back of a package of cooked, sliced calamari.
We made just a few modifications and we were able to substitute the necessary ingredients to make it pure Paleo.
Calamari Salad is the perfect fresh dish to share on a warm evening with friends!
- 1 lb wild-caught sliced squid tentacles, precooked
- ½ cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tsp. white vinegar
- ¼ teaspoon white pepper
- 1 sliced red or yellow pepper
- 4 cups mixed green lettuce
- 1 bunch cilantro leaves
- 10 low sodium olives of your choice, rinsed and sliced
- 1 fresh avocado
- 1 red onion, sliced
- 2 large tomatoes
- Combine calamari with olive oil, one teaspoon white vinegar and sliced pepper and set aside in serving bowl.
- Toss together mixed greens and cilantro and spread evenly on large serving platter.
- Add remaining ingredients to lettuce mixture.
- When ready to eat, scoop squid mixture onto greens and toss together.